The Kitchen Manager is a leader in the restaurant dedicated to executing strategies and put ideas into action across all 4 critical success factors that drive the store towards our vision. This leader should focus on continuous improvement in a LEAN environment and development of people, processes and effective communication.
- Work a minimum of 30 hours a week
- Dedicate at least two hours per week to planning
- Focus on systematically and effectively communicating all back of house related goals and success factors to Team Members
- Combine critical thinking and practical leadership to create a culture of innovation
- Effectively coach and give direction
- Enthusiastically and passionately lead the front counter
- Set team goals, share the score visually and celebrate the wins
- Communicate effectively, share ideas, and take a positive approach to all situations
- Create a LEAN culture and mindset and encourage 2 second improvements
- Hold kitchen team members accountable to all policy standards, for example timeliness, grooming, cell phones, uniforms, etc.
- Work with Training Manager for areas of focus
- Provide both formal and informal feedback to team on ongoing basis, 3:1
Quality and Customer Experience
- Ensure we are executing proper procedures in preparing food, hospitality behaviors, speed and accuracy and provide ongoing feedback to team members and training manager
- Protect the customer experience by ensuring packaging, food presentation and quality meets or exceeds Chick-fil-A standards
- Ensure back of house consistently and systematically meets cleanliness standards (Front Counter, Dining Room, Rest Rooms, etc.)
- Use RQA, ROE and CEM findings to ensure consistency and quality of products and behaviors. Address areas of improvement
- Maintain a Culture of Food Safety
- Maintain a clean and organized environment
- Ensure Kitchen Inventory is organized properly
- Partner with training manager to execute training and roll-out of new products
- Assess current systems and implement ideas for improvement
Sales and Brand Growth
- Ensure speed and quality of food to retain customers
- Work with Catering Coordinator on execution of catering orders and systems
- Own Food Cost controls for all areas of the kitchen.
- Labor Scheduling – own labor percentage and productivity. Train Managers on Labor Scheduling procedures, how to increase productivity, put “aces in their places”, appropriate times to send people home, etc.
- Equipment Repair & Maintenance – Utilize Facilities page on @CFA- ensure FOH equipment maintenance is completed, become familiar with process for damaged equipment
- Execute LEAN in all areas, encouraging continuous improvement. Engage everyone at every level.
- We will know the Kitchen Manager is successful upon attaining the following:
- Quality Food Visits > 93%
- CEM scores
- Speed of Service: 65%
- Order Accuracy: 95%
- Health Department Scores above 95%
- Visual Cleanliness & Organization of Heart of House including, the centerline, fridge and freezer, and cage area
- Ecosure Visits scores between 1-3
- 2 years of Kitchen Management experience
- Riverside County Food Handler's card or ServSafe
- Open Availability
Come and join this exceptional team. Your story with Chick-fil-A can start today.
This Chick-fil-A Franchisee is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regard to any protected status, classification or factor, in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify the Franchisee.